When asked as a young girl what my favorite food was I would never have said brownies, no chips were the best flavour, no Mcdonalds chicken nugget invoked true happiness for me to be my favorite food, the food I loved to eat by itself, with a tiny sprinkle of sugar, cut up into pancakes or with a dollop of whip cream for dessert like my grandmother would give us, it was the perfectly red strawberry.
To this day I will tell you I love my strawberries, I don’t often eat them by themselves sadly but I love when they are in something, cut up into yogurt, in a smoothie, cooked into pancakes or waffles and of course baked into delicious treats like this amazing strawberry cake loaf, its baked into a bread pan and is a moist and delicious cake reminiscent of a pound cake.
Strawberry Cake Loaf
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 6 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup strawberry yogurt *
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper
- Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar, and salt in large bowl until fluffy (about 2 minutes)
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until combined
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture
- Add strawberries and stir until just combined
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. If top browing to quickly tent aluminum foil over bread.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes remove and cool completely on wire wrack, serve with whip cream. Perfect for dessert or to eat alone for breakfast.
* Try to find a strawberry yogurt that is flavoured with real strawberry pieces rather then an artificial flavouring or the taste will be a little off in the end.