Someday’s we just really need a quick dinner, one that will give us the comfort of a home cooked meal that has taken hours to prepare, one of those meals that you need when your upset, or had a long day, or just need a little more to your dinner because you had not eaten much during the day. I love those meals, for me that is dinner. I rarely eat a lot during the day, I try to eat a small lunch and do not even tend to snack much during the day so I need a hearty dinner, one that will fill me up not only physically but emotionally because it just tastes so good that it boosts my mood.
After finding a roll of crescent rolls that I had left over after grocery store sale, and a bit of broccoli left over in the fridge after I made my classic pasta salad I decided to try to throw something quick, but new together for dinner. Something that had ingredients that not only I tend to have on hand but what other people my have on hand, like chicken, salad dressing, and pre-made crescent or biscuit mix.
So heres my take on a perfect quick dinner on a rushed night when you need something that just tastes to good to ignore.
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1 cup broccoli florets (bite size)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch round pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, ranch dressing cheese and broccoli.
- On large cutting board, unroll dough sheet; spread chicken mixture evenly over dough, leaving about 1/2 inch on 1 long side uncovered.
- From the one long side that is covered in the mixture start rolling from one side until you reach the side that is uncovered, then wrap fully and pinch to seal it tightly
- Once you have one long log use a sharp knife to cut 8 equal slices. Place those 8 slices in the prepared round pan
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until dough is deep golden brown and baked through.
Please let me know in the comments how this recipe turns out for you!